Dermal Fillers near Jackson, MS
Dr. J. Randall Jordan and the team of medical aesthetic professionals at Faces, in Ridgeland, MS, are proud to offer a wide range of the latest dermal fillers. Sometimes called soft-tissue fillers or facial fillers, dermal fillers offer the convenience of fast results, quick appointments, and long lasting anti-aging benefits.
Over the years, the face will naturally lose volume as collagen production and skin elasticity decline throughout the course of a person’s life. The face is the center of nearly all forms of human communication. An aged, tired appearance can affect first impressions, how others interact with you, and most importantly, your sense of self-confidence. Dermal filler injections are a powerful, safe, and easy way to get back some of the years your face has weathered while also restoring vital moisture and volume to your face.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Most of the signs of aging we experience show up in the face—cheek depressions, frown lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet—and are the result of a loss of facial volume. With every year you age, your body produces less collagen and elastin, which are two important structural proteins found in layers of your skin and in connective tissues.
Dermal fillers are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as cosmetic products to help sculpt and shape areas that have lost significant facial volume. The result of dermal filler treatments is a more natural, smooth, youthful look.
Dermal fillers are popular because they are both safe and convenient. They’re made from three basic components that are all naturally occurring substances: biosynthetic polymer, collagen, and hyaluronic acid (HA). In the U.S., dermal fillers are only allowed to be applied by licensed physicians, physician assistants, and nurses (usually with additional certifications and training). Although dermal fillers do not produce permanent results, some dermal fillers produce results that will last for more than a year.
Additional Questions About Fillers
One of the greatest benefits of dermal fillers is their ability to deliver volume to the skin and help it retain moisture. This adds volume to areas of the face that have lost subcutaneous fat and fills in surface depressions such as wrinkles. Dermal fillers are used by facial plastic surgeons and medical aesthetic professionals to:
- Add volume to thin, flat lips
- Smooth out wrinkles
- Fill in cheek depressions
- Lessen the appearance of pitted scarring
- Improve frown lines
- Address crow’s feet
- Improve marionette lines
Dermal fillers can be selected as an individual treatment before a big event or as part of a larger facial rejuvenation plan. They are a versatile option with a wide range of cosmetic uses.
At Faces, we’ve been leaders in facial plastic surgery, cosmetic services, and skincare technology for more than two decades. We’re proud to offer the latest facial filler products including:
- The Juvéderm® line of fillers: This is one of the most popular line of dermal fillers including Voluma™, Volbella™ and Vollure™ made with hyaluronic acid (HA), which helps deliver hydration and add volume to skin. Results are immediate and tend to last about a year.
- Sculptra®: This is an FDA-approved injectable made up of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), a substance designed to promote collagen growth over time. Results with Sculptra® typically last at least 2 years.
- Radiesse®: Radiesse® is made from calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHa), which is a substance similar to the calcium in bones and teeth. Radiesse® can also be used in the hands to add volume, and typically produces results that last 9-15 months.
- The Restylane® line of fillers: This product line which includes Restylane®™, Restylane® Lyft™, Restylane® ReFyne™ and DeFyne™, primarily consists of hyaluronic acid (HA) and is specially designed to act just like the HA you produce naturally. It works well to correct moderate to severe wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
- The RHA® Collection of fillers from Revance are the first and only FDA-approved HA fillers for dynamic wrinkles and folds. Addressing the areas of the face that move more repetitively, RHA® is designed to be resilient enough to adapt to your facial movement, which may provide a more natural look at rest and in motion.
In addition to a wide range of dermal fillers, we use blunt tip cannulas for facial filler injectables to enhance your comfort and results. Blunt tip cannulas produce little or no bruising, they are known for causing less pain, and they allow us to deliver fillers to several areas with a single injection site.
Our goal at Faces is to help you achieve full facial rejuvenation when you’re ready for it and help educate you to make the best decision in the meantime. Dermal fillers are convenient for most people and they often produce remarkable results you can instantly see.
Have questions about dermal fillers? Interested in a dermal filler consultation to see how they can help you uncover your best look? To speak with Dr. J. Randall Jordan and our dermal filler experts at Faces, please send us a message online. You are also welcome to contact our Jackson, MS area facial plastic surgery practice at (601) 607-3033 to schedule your consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
Schedule a Consultation
Interested in taking the next steps towards booking a procedure? Contact our team today to learn more!